Numismatik-Cafe

Münzen-Sammeln-Freunde
Aktuelle Zeit: 5. Mai 2024, 08:22

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 11 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 15. Sep 2011, 10:00 
Kandidat

Bilder: 2
IN my research I am finding that Leypold's and Hafner's dating of the Italian mints is questionable( as yet though there is nothing better). Some time ago 1780MTT sent me a reference to the Florence mint records of 1814. Apparently in the mint book it confirms that MTT were made in Florence in 1814 and that they were very much like those being produced in Venice at that time. The inference is clear that in 1814 while under Napoleonic control Venice was likely producing the MTT. Leypold in 1990 produced a paper that notes that in 1787 the Vienna mint produced IC-FA dies that were sent to Milan for MTT production there. Further to this in a 1808 English book there is a copper engraving of the Obverse of an MTT that looks very like the later typical Venice/Milan strikes. I think there is a real mystery with the Italian series of coins that perhaps one day will be solved.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 11 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde